For the costumes, please select from the above widgets.

Friday 14 October 2011

October Finds, October Feast.


I am so exited to show you my October finds! I've said it before, you can never predict what you'll find during an Op Shop trip and this time, I am especially pleased with my purchases. I have found something I desperately needed, something I've been wishing for and something unexpected.
Two items were found while we were holidaying on the South coast, the other at my usual address. Once more I've noticed than even Op Shops prices vary depending on the location, and the small old church based shop on the South coast was definitely full of bargains!




Something I desperately needed: A pantry!

Yes, for years, would you believe it, we have been doing without a proper pantry. Instead we had two narrow shelves, with only two tablets. They were difficult to access (too high) and therefore to organise. Not enough space meant that everything was stacked on top of each other and you'd never know what might jump onto you when you opened the doors. These days are over.
Meet our new (old) pantry:







.
Of course, it needs a bit of work. Like a new coat of paint.









I love the three doors system and all that new storage space!



I can't wait to get started on that project.
So I called for help,






and received tips from the experts.




What's that Lino? Black chalkboard paint for the doors. I couldn't agree more!

 So keep an eye; you should soon see my restored new old pantry.




Something  I  was wishing for: A vintage Trunk





I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw this.






It is damaged, but not beyond repairs. And for only $5, it is definitely worth a try. The old canvas needs to go and it also needs new lining inside.







But I've got an idea. If you have followed me on Pinterest, you might have noticed the Mod Podge Suitcase tutorial I have recently pinned. I will do just that and I think I even got the right fabric for it.
It is a big project, but I'm up for it!





Something unexpected: A Mini Dresser






Now, I said "unexpected" because it was exactly what I was looking for. Therefore I was very surprised to find it! It only needs a good cleaning and maybe I could line the inside of the drawers for extra cuteness. This little dresser will go perfectly with the project I'm working on at the moment.
 Project I'm very excited to show you ... soon!



Tally for this month finds:









No comments:

Post a Comment