For the costumes, please select from the above widgets.

Monday 5 March 2012

Then came the circus ... and Mr Fox

A while ago I fell madly in love with MAILEG and their ubber cute series of mice, furniture and mini clothes. And then I came across this:

A circus!!
So So Cute!



Perhaps even more than the Milk Carton House,








or the mum and dad ...




or the twins...








You might also remember this picture from a previous post:






So So inspiring. 
I knew I had to do something. 
So.
I made a bed box. 







For Mia's Mr Fox.




I didn't have any wooden box, and was too eager to start to be bothered going to Spotlight or Lincraft for a Papier Mache one. A simple shoe box had to do.
I photoshop a label for the top, using a Fox illo and an interesting background found on Pinterest. (It's all right to do so since it is for personal use and not for sale.)








It ended up looking like this:






I layered scraps of interesting prints and paper I keep just for these kinds of projects over the shoe box and Mod Podge the lot.





And made some bed linen. 
I wish I could knit or crochet but since I can't do either properly, I used one of Mia's old sweater to make the blanket.




The crocheted flower is from Ikea. One of these odd things they sometimes sell. It was a packet of five I think, all different. I knew I could use them for something :-)



Mia insisted Mr Fox should have his own teddy to go to bed, so using transfer paper, we made Mr Fox a teddy bear. And a toothbrush. And a clock.





(Just a note about transfer: if you have some writing, don't forget to set up your printer on the mirror setting. everything will be reversed on the transfer paper but will be the right way once transferred onto your fabric.)




Mia was well and truly excited about the whole project and decided that Mr Fox's Bed Box needed some art work. So off she want with her texta ...





Et voila!


Not quite MAILEG, but very OOPI, Happy kind of stuff.

Oh, and of course, Mia pointed out that Mr Fox needed a bag to carry his precious belongings ... I was all crafted out by then so I left it to her and she made this:



Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment