For the costumes, please select from the above widgets.

Saturday 16 November 2013

DIY Gift Tags


I have been wanting to do this for a while now and today's rainy weather has been the perfect occasion: DIY gift tags.It's quick and fun to do. I have a big collection of Little Golden Books that I have pick up in op shops and garage sales. The illustrations are gorgeous. They are not always in good condition which makes them perfect for craft projects. (I find it difficult to cut books that are in good shape.


I simply cut two rectangle shapes for each tag; one with the chosen illustration, one in a recycled brown paper bag. I zigzag stitched the two layers, sandwiching in the middle an office tag. If you have a punch hole, you probably don't need to do this. I had these tags sitting in my drawers so I decided to use them. It gives a "luggage" tag effect which I like.

They could make a fun garland too...or be hung in the tree...


No comments:

Post a Comment